Adria

Adria
lips

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Texts with Sam,

Every now and then you meet someone who touches your life in a special way. That person is our friend Sam. She takes Thad to most of his appointments and watches Adria a lot. The best part is that when she is watching Adria she keeps me posted on the funny things she does and says. I would like to share some of these with you today.


October 4, 2010


Sam: Your daughter looks possessed!
Me: That is terrifying!
Sam: I told her to smile and this is what I got.
Me: I'm going to have nightmares





February 2, 2011
Sam: She wanted her hair braided like Starsong







I bought Adria this weaving loom and she is officially obsessed. This was in the waiting room at the doctor's office.





July 8, 2011
Sam: Just in case you wanted to know...it kinda makes Adria upset that you don't believe in God. She hasn't stopped talking about it.
Me: She is too funny. Tell her it bothers me that she does believe.
Sam: Haha, no way! She got a little pissy because I said that people have their own opinion and maybe when she was older, that she wouldn't either.
Me: Ok, well then tell her Santa isn't real.
Sam: OMG, WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME!


This last text is a little disturbing to me. Right now, I'm just going to chalk it up to her over active imagination and the fact that she is an only child. Otherwise, I would be totally freaked out.

August 19, 2011

Sam: Did you know that your daughter has a sister Nancy, which is a doll, that she keeps chained and tied up in the basement?
Me: I knew about Nancy, not about the chains...wow.
Sam: She remembered on the way home from dropping Thad off that she left her home alone. Then she said it was okay because she was chained. She puts on Nancy's favorite show and ties her up so she can't do anything else. I was at a loss for words.
Me: Jesus
Poor Nancy

So there you have it. At least I can keep some kind of tabs on her. Now I just need to make sure she isn't torturing her other toys!!







3 comments:

Soybeanqueen said...

Well it's about time. I've only been checking your blog like 2x/day waiting for the next post!!! i seriously love reading your blog posts. I think you could write a book on Adria. Well I guess every parent could write a book on their child. Mine would be pretty boring, albeit written with love. A book about Adria though is pure entertainment. The nancy thing was a bit scary. xoxoxo H

Lauren Galli Forry said...

When you had your wedding party, Adria was showing all of us her dolls. She showed us one of them, told us it was her sister, and said that when you gave birth to that particular doll that "something sharp in your belly sliced her eyelids off". That's why she didn't have any. This doll may have been Nancy, so she's had it rough from the jump.

theCaptain said...

Aww, I'm happy to do it. I love you guys! Adria makes me laugh on a daily basis. She is definitely a constant reminder to not take things too seriously(even though she does at times), and to never lose my inner child.