Adria

Adria
lips

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Quotes from an age long ago...well, not THAT long.

When Adria turned three, I started to keep a journal of the funny stuff that came out of her mouth and let me tell you...there was a LOT! So I've decided to reflect upon that today and share with you some classic Adria-isms. So here you go.

Age 3

"Oh to have a hook for a hand." This one was during her obsession with Peter Pan.

"Mama, don't talk to your mother like that!" This one is pretty self explanatory, I think.


This video is one of my absolute favorites. This kid has been a trip from day 1!!

                                                               Destined for stardom!

Age 4
"Mama, you're so sweet. I could eat you up" Who knows

"I think (gag) I'm allergic (gag) to poop" This one was while on the toilet.

"That's wiggity wiggity whack, Mama" Yeah, I got nothing on that one.

This one is one of my favorite. It was a conversation between my mom and Adria while at mom's job.

Mom: We have to say hi to some people
Adria: To who?
Mom: To whom?
Adria: Where is he?
Mom: Who?
Adria: WHOM!

After dropping some pretzels while at Aunt Heidi's house.
Mommy: ADRIA!
Adria: Don't worry mom, you'll get them.
 
Adria: Mama, there's going to be a concert tomorrow night at our house
Me: Really?
Adria: Yeah, I'm going to rock out in all three bedrooms. Yours, mine, AND Grandma's

At the OB/GYN she picked up a breast self-exam booklet and said to me "Mama, WHAT are they doing to her boob?"

I think I somehow missed age 5 or else she wasn't that funny (I doubt that, it was totally my fault)

Age 6

While driving into Harrisburg across the Market Street bridge
"Mama, is there a LOWER case building?"

One afternoon she SLAMMED into the house and screamed VERY loudly...
"No one will play tag with me so I'm building a FORT for my ANGRINESS!!!!"
This one is my friend Fred's favorite!

So there is just a peek at some things that came out of Adria's mouth. Of course, it's not all of it. Some of them I have to keep to myself. But if you want to hear the rest stop bathroom story, email me and I will fill you in. Mom would KILL me if I put it on the Internet! And I will leave you with one of the most profound things I have ever heard...at least from a four year-old

"Jealous means you're kicked out of someones heart" - Adria McGarry

3 comments:

saltland@pahouse.net said...

I HAVE NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT WE ARE PRIVY TO WATCHING "FAME" GROWING UP. I JUST FELL SOMEDAY SOMEWAY SHE IS GOING TO BUST OUT INTO SOMETHING BIG!!

IF NOT, PLEASE THROW A BIG BUCKET OF COLD WATER ON ME AND BRING ME BACK TO REALITY..... ON SECOND THOUGHT, PLEASE DON'T

SANDY A.

Bryden78 said...

I see it too Sandy!

Gina DiStefano said...

OMG!! Too funny!