Adria

Adria
lips

Friday, December 2, 2011

She makes me laugh every single day...some more than others


Rupaul; for the uninformed
I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, this blog is about a little girl named Adria. Why is there a picture of a famous drag queen at the top? Well boys and girls, it's because this was the topic of my conversation with my daughter last night. It was so hilarious...I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. It went something like this...

We were in the car on the way home and "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga came on the radio. It gets to the part where she says...oh come on...say it with me...."Don't be a drag, just be a queen".

A: "Mommy what is she saying there"

M: "Don't be a drag just be a queen"

A: "What does that mean"

M: "Well, do you know what a drag queen is?"

A:"No"

M: Hesistating just a bit. "Well, it's a man...who..."

A: "DRESSES LIKE A LADY?!?!?!?!?!"

M:"Hahahahahahaha....yes"

Now I think what blows my mind is that she finished that sentence. She deduced from the term drag queen that the man would dress up like a lady. Amazing....but, I digress.

M: "Would you like to see one?"

A: "YES!"

Thanks to google, I pulled up pictures of many different drag queens and as we are scrolling through she keeps saying...

"That's a man?...THAT'S a man?....That's a MAN?!" to which I replied yes to every single one. Then she says...."You can tell because of the boobs."

I am in hysterics at this point. Tears are streaming down my face. Then she says...

"They should have a TV show called Drag Queen Competitions."

M: "They do...it's called Drag Race."

A: "Ooooh! Can we watch it!!!???"

I honestly don't know the answer to that question.

2 comments:

Jan Matthew Tamaninip said...

Bry, I have no doubts that Adria can handle RuPaul's Drag Race (I'm a faithful watcher). I took Tori to drag shows from the time she was Adria's age (and before), and she was just fine. The double-entendres fly right over their heads, and the entertainment value is priceless!

She used to love it when Bryan Bigelow would play with her hair and style it; she always got a kick out of his Christmas Tree number in the holiday show. Lord, but I miss him...this time of year makes me think about that number (and others from the show)!

Lori said...

Look at it this way: It's one less thing you'll have to explain to her. ;-)