Adria

Adria
lips

Monday, February 6, 2012

Christmas part deux

What do you mean it's February? Oh well, get over it. So this is the continuing saga of Christmas. There isn't going to be too much to talk about because frankly I don't remember what happened. So the big shindig every year is at my mom's house. It's really nice, we have a ton of food that mom later pawns off on us. We have lovely company and conversation. It's very nice.

Every year Adria gets her Christmas eve dress. Mom and I found this one at JC Penny's this year and I posed her in front of the tree because...well, it was pretty dammit!
Here is my little princess. I just cannot believe how grown up she is becoming.


Christmas Eve went off without a hitch...except for one thing....I left all of my scones at my mom's house. That's right, when it was time to hang stockings I had no cookies to leave Santa. I'm really starting to resent Santa and was contemplating just ratting him out right then and there. Alas, I did not. So we decided that he probably didn't need all of those cookies and just left him a glass of milk.

Morning time comes and I get up and go downstairs and lo and behold...this child is still sleeping. Well, I had to go and pick up Thad's parents for our Christmas breakfast. We come back and she is STILL sleeping. UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! I go running upstairs and jump on her and tell her to get up. Still, no really keen on the whole getting up part. But, she did. She tore through her gifts and this is what was left....
We have a robe and squinkies and some monster high crap...and THAD!


Well some of you may not know this but we have a LOT of travelling to do on Christmas morning. Next year I'm staging a coup and people can come to ME if they want to see me. I'm done. So Thad couldn't really travel with us so we pack up and get ready to go. This is Adria's Chrstmas day gift opening outfit.

Legs for DAYS!
We load everyone in the car, I drop off Thad's mom and dad and we head to my mom's house. It was scrumptious as always. Then we get down to business. Adria's big gift from her Aunt Meaghan this year was an American Girl doll. Her name is Julie.
This is Julie. Julie is from 1974 San Fransisco. She likes basketball but has to fight for a spot on the boys' team. Her hobbies include beading, knitting and crafting. Her rabbit's name is Nutmeg and her favorite books are Little House on the Prairie (OMG ME TOO!!!) Her nickname is Cool Hand Albright because she's so good at dribbling. Her proudest moment is releasing an eagle back into the wild. Her biggest change in her life was when her parents divorced and she had to move to a new school. Julie also....ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME!!!! This is a doll. A DOLL!! You can take her to NYC and get her hair done. My sister got a beach outfit and a roller skating outfit. This doll has sunglasses and three different pairs of shoes and a canopy bed that is beside Adria's bed. I NEVER HAD A CANOPY BED!!! Despite the fact that I BEGGED for one....ugh...whatever.



Moving on

Then we go to Dad's house. Now, anyone that knows me at all, knows I make fun of the Snuggie...all....the....time. We open gifts at my dad's house and he gets me a Snuggie. It was just too funny. Now I don't know if y'all know this but a Snuggie straight out of the box smells like gasoline. Very pleasant...ly gross!!! I took it home and washed it and I can't stand the feel of the fabric. So I gave it to Adria. She LOVES it. Of course, when she puts it on for the first time....



The kid turns it into a freaking kimono!!!!!! AMAZING


After Dad's house we go back to Mom's for dinner....mmmmmm dinner. This is of course after we stuff ourselves full on pork BBQ sandwiches, chips, veggies and general goodness...SHHHH don't tell mom. Adria decides this year she likes turkey legs. LEGS. Like the freaking Renaissance faire. You would expect this person to eat a turkey leg....


ARRRGH TURKEY LEG









ARGGGH TURKEY LEG? Nope, not the same.




So there you have it. Our Christmas in a nutshell. It was totally awesome and we had some really good times!!!!!  I hope you and yours did as well.

I am going to leave you with this photo because well...it's hilarious. Someone in my neighborhood got FORKED!!!!


1 comment:

Andrea said...

Always, always love your blog! Never fails to make me smile. THANKS!