Adria

Adria
lips

Saturday, September 1, 2012

This mom is having a NERD-GASM!

I am a nerd. I am proud of being a nerd. What makes me a nerd? And I mean a real nerd, not the hipster nerd that has been invented as of late. Well I got teased in school, I spent an entire summer not leaving my house because I thought I was going to get beat up, I do community theater, I go to Horror film conventions, and recently I've started reading comic books. I know in my heart that comic books do not a nerd make, however that is not how they are perceived.

So it should not be surprising that my daughter is following in her mom's footsteps. There have been a few instances over the past few days that have melted this nerd's heart and made her very proud.

1. She wants to go to a Horror con with her dad and me. She even went as far as to say she would skip Memaw and Pop pop's house in order to do so. This is HUGE. She never wants to skip Memaw and Pop pop's house.

2. She came upstairs with her new Kindle fire, which she was reading comic books on, and said..."I really wish I had the thin paper comic books".  *SIGH*

3. While watching Adventures in Babysitting, she recognized the girls backpack as Gizmo from Gremlins.

4. While peeking over my shoulder, she saw a Zombie Hello Kitty that said, Hello Zombie. She got crazy excited and said..."That's demented, I have to have it!"



Honestly, I just can't ask for more than that. A nerdy daughter who also wants to hang with her parents at their nerdy events!!!! HUZZAH!





No comments: